There are always the staples that get a touch-up nearly every time you pick up the broom, cloth, and cleaning supplies. However, more than a few can easily slip the mind, and before you know it, they’re downright filthy! So, we wanted to help with a list of things everyone forgets to clean!
We’ll start with the things!
Things Everyone Forget To Clean
Plenty of objects get their fair share of use, but fail to see the sponge or disinfectant! Luckily, most of the things on this list won’t take long to actually clean, just a few seconds and it’s good to go!
- Light Switches: unless you wash your hands every time you turn one on or off, they have probably accumulated a lot of dirt and bacteria.
- TV Remotes: many people will change the channel and go right back to eating with their fingers without a second thought!
- Mobile Phone: you likely use it on a minute-to-minute basis, but when was the last time you actually disinfected it?
- Door Knobs: another thing you touch all the time that sometimes doesn’t get a good clean.
- Trash Can: when you tie up the bag, give the inside of the can a clean too!
- Keyboard: Some keys see more use than others, but you might as well disinfect the whole thing!
- Mouse: once again, your hand is constantly on it so make sure it’s clean.
- Toothbrush Holder: you might be disinfecting your toothbrushes, but what about where they sit?
- Toilet Brush: relegated to one of the dirtiest tasks, don’t forget to clean the brush itself!
- Under Things: the couch, fridge, tables, and more all love to accumulate dirt, food, and other things.
- Top Of The Microwave: you clean the inside, but don’t forget the space above it too.
- Door frame: the top of the door can collect more dust than you think.
- Light Fixtures: clean them with everything else, but also give them a once over if you ever need to change a bulb.
- Closet Floors: when you’re vacuuming or cleaning the floors, remember to slide open the closet door and get in there too!
- Garage Door Button: just like light switches and doorknobs, you touch it a lot!
- Pet Bowls: Don’t forget to clean up where your furry friend eats.
- Wall Behind Pet Bowls: While you’re cleaning the bowls, there’s likely some splash on the walls too!
- Coffee Pot: You might not see it, but run a cycle using vinegar to give it a good cleaning.
- Window Tracks: We all clean the windows, but usually forget the window tracks.
- Broom: don’t forget to clean the things you actually use to clean everything else!
- Keys: whether it’s your car or house keys, give them a nice disinfecting every once in a while.
- Watches: Having them on all day means we often forget to clean them.
- Laptop: Just like your desktop, clean the screen, keyboard, and mouse!
Check Out Another Blog: NATURAL CLEANING ALTERNATIVES: ECO-FRIENDLY CLEANING!
Did we forget any? Probably. Let us know what things you always miss when cleaning your home!